Saturday, February 12, 2005

That Sleepy Smile Of Hers

It's 5 o'clock in the morning. Why was i already up at this odd hour? The answer, my dear friend, is because i was staying at my future in law's house. You don't really want to wake up at 9 if you're in my position, right? As i make my way to the bathroom i noticed that my fiancee's door was half open. After throwing caution to all wind direction i risked a peek in.

There she was. Still asleep. Curled up under the blanket, only her head was visible. You know i was always firm in my conviction that women look much, much better without make up and there i was looking at one more evidence. The worry-less expression, the messed hair. I've seen her in various shade of lipstick and other war paints, but nothing came even close to this. Cute as a teddy bear and innocent as kindergarten kids.

Then she woke up. Upon realizing i was at the door, she gave me a sleepy smile. Eyes half shut as the corners of her mouth curved slightly upward.

The impact on me was what can only be desribed as a rush of sugar to the head. I was suddenly overwhelmed by the sweetness of the moment. Only with a biblical scale of self control was i able to restrain my self from jumping in next to her and, well, express my self.

1 comment:

marianne said...

this one post made me cry and smile at the same time. :) i really enjoy your blog...