Saturday, February 12, 2005

A Rainy Saturday

I wake up at 9 to the light drumming of rain against my corrugated tin roof. Oh my..good morning, Jakarta! A rainy day, eh? Correct that, a rainy SATURDAY! The day my Jakarta slows down a couple of beats. Nothing to worry about. Just cave in my snug cardboard-walled room, snuggle in my ever-so-comfy matress, and watch that heap of date-movies I bought previous week.

Checked the cellphones; two messages. One from my girlfriend, nope, fiance..heheh. It's funny how in nine out of ten messages she always includes 'udah maem blom?'. I guess she cares about my feeding habit more than I do. Second message..my boss. Uh-oh. This can't be good.

Yep, now i'm walking to my office. Unbelievable, gotta work overtime on a cloudy saturday and i'm already an hour late. So much for my lazy day. Crossing the Pejambon street to Borobudur. Relax, man. At least it has stopped raining.

You know that life has such a poor sense of irony. I hardly finished thinking about the word 'raining' when it actually rains. Heavily. I take out my umbrella but my Rp. 10.000,- umbrella i bought from a street vendor is defenseless against heaven's fierce onslaught. Within minutes i'm drenched from thigh down. And this poor excuse for an umbrella is leaking too. I should've gone for that Rp. 25.000,- but sturdier and larger one. I shouldn't have cared that it only came in electrifying pink and horribly screaming yellow. My backpack is already wet.

Office is a large room in the 8th floor of PAIK building. 300 meters to go. You can make it, man. Think about when all this is over and you're back in your room. Oh yeah, i forgot that to get there i have to wade accross ankle-deep pool of water. This is just getting better and better.

Man, did i tell you how i hate rain?

No comments: