Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Don't Speak

It was the days when I helplessly fancied that short-haired girl sitting right in front of me during Introduction to Sociology. The fact the she didn’t refuse when I ask her out to a poetry recital remains a mystery for a long, long time. I didn’t like poetry recitals. Still don’t. But she did and still does. And she knew I didn’t.

Then lunches. And dinners. Long walks along Selokan Mataram. Longer walks along Malioboro. And The English Patient. Borrowed books and exchanged notes. And visits to Asrama Santikara.

It was the days before the words were spoken. Before we knew what could happen.

1 comment:

Malaikat Kecil said...

kidnap me!

and let's escape from the phonetic & phonology class, run to the graha sabha and oh how you kneel, with a rose in your hand, trying hard to compose your heartbeat into romantic words, and oh it was ...

;-)

*thank you ucapannya ya ko. salam sayang buat ratih dan arin*