Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Rainbow Over Bekasi

The day was edging itself to dusk as I made my way along what was left of pedestrian walk after a long day's work and cramped economy class commuter trainride. The rain that must have fallen a while ago left a light drizzle and the street on my right was filled to its square inch with almost every moving vehicles known to man. The growling of 8-wheeled truck engines competed with blaring horns of cars, motorcycles, and the shouting of frustrated becak drivers. On top of all that, the railway crossing behind me sounded its alarming siren. Incoming train.

It was then when I saw it. A perfect blend of colors stretched in gigantic arc that loomed high over the roofs and buldings. Breathtakingly beautiful.

Amidst all the hustle bustle it offered a short moment of serenity. Grace. Grandeur. And a shitload of beauty. I don't know what to make of it but as it slowly faded in the crimson sky, I gladly accepted its kindly offer and found myself smiling.

No comments: